Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Kalau nak ke NZ


What you should do when in New Zealand?

Yes, this is the best part.... stroll around this land of scenery and sheep's. What you should do..

1.Get the I Site , the most important place to get advice and cheap expenses to go around NZ.
2.Suggested...
- if you landed in Auckland... stay 2 days there and roam in Auckland, then continue to Roturua, not that fare around 3 hours ride from Auckland. Take a bus or rent a car if possible. In Roturua stay in Backpackers, it's cheap and clean an secured. It cost only NZ 22-25 pernight. Don't miss the Moari Culture Show, Sheep Shearing at Agrodome and Rainbow Spring (altenatives). Duck Tour is even interesting because we'll experience tour on land and lake. Roam around Roturoa Lake and the government Garden. The scenery, termandous beatiful and romantic.
3.Then continue you way to southern to Wellington and you'll come across Lake Taupo, beautiful lake. On the way you'll come across a volcanic dessert of Mount Ruaphehu. The Journey take s 8 hours but I can promise it's not a boring journey . The bus will stop for a while in some spot to pick up and down load passengers. Our lunch will be at Flat Hill and the most delicous scone and vegetables soup.
4.Next, here come Wellington Harbour with unpredcitable weather. Some may say it's windy city and the people here well “got class ma”. Where to go around Wellington, a lot the harbaour, Te Papa Museum, riding the tramp to Botanical Garden. Or if such an adventurous person, rent a mountain bike and you'll see the most beautiful scenery from top of the hill.
5.Then, right to the southern island. Take a ferry called Inter Islander to Picton crossing the Cook Straits and go along fiord's to Picton. Catch a train there. Trans Scenic Train to Christchurch. A typical British town. Calm and pleasant . Not to forget take a tramp ride round the city center plus the putting ride and gondola. It's amazing, everything such a beautiful. Not to forget, the train ride from Picton to Christchurch takes 5 quality hours where you'll experienced to see the Pacific Ocean with seals resting on the beach. As usual just stay in backpackers, convenience and cheap.

6.Head to southern of the island, Queenstown and Dunedin, don't forget Milford Sound. Unlucky .. I couldn't reached there due of time limit. Finally get back to Auckland by flight.

Shopping...
Ah... this was the critical moment here. NZ made are expensive and Made in China stuff it's quite cheap here. In term of souvenirs the paua and wool are from NZ. The best culinary sets are from Briscos but careful of overweight. Other, such as jackets are reasonable and is up to our choice actually. T shirts are made in China but design in New Zealand.

If you stay long just go down to Sunday Farmers market, is not that cheap but better then eating outside . What I've learned, in such a tour, that no need for a nice meals as at home. Eat what ever we can eat as long its halal.

Here.. I,ve tried Morocon food.

People here...

Oh like the people here, nice humble and respect people. Firstly I would thank Nazrina Aziz for helping me during my stay in Stafford House. Not to forget Marrie and Steward with kind hearted and very friendly. To Faiz my beloved cousin who drove me , Nizan and Nina to Lydell experincing the country side and send me off at the airport. To Dan, words never come easy to me, to thanks him for his caring, loving and understanding the multicultures surrounding the participants. To Ptof Gary and wife Lan Anh with their full support of what ever activties being done. To Philips and wife, thanks for a nice lunch in Upper Hut, a delicous Indian cuisine. Not to forget James who always share his experience as librarian and the sharing were very significant with my life as teacher librarian before.

Future plan...

I'll be coming to NZ again to pursue my Doctoral in Information Management. I've got the offer
of Nordin Mohamed Scholarships and will get back home to discuss with my husband. As I'm my way back to home country, that a lot of thins to do. Reporting at the Book Council Of Malaysia, going to Jakarta with fellow office staff and moving to Putra Jaya.

Finally , this is not the end of everything as I leaved NZ, this is the starting point for me to go far beyond, I know I have the ability to do but there a lot of obstacle surrounding me before I could succeed.

Thanks everybody who involved for my dreams to NZ comes through.
Hong Kong International Airport : 16 December 2008 – 3.10 am

No comments: